A place for camp kitchen, chuck box and car camping related Ideas

I'm not sure where I got the idea to build a Chuck Box but once I got started the idea seemed really cool. I guess having our plastic bin turn to chaos way too many times during our camping trips was a big factor.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Materials

1/8 inch plywood can be used if it has a frame or proper support. I think a good urethane varnish is important, this material is not designed for out doors.

Pine is pretty light weight and strong. I think ¾ inch pine vertical pieces would not add much to the weight, would look nicer, handles beer openers, towel bars etc. will mount easier than they do on the framed ⅛ plywood. Also I could use the router to make slots for the shelves saving the trouble of cutting all kinds of ¾ x ¾ little pieces.

Hard woods are heavier than pine and might be a good choice for some.

3/4 plywood is way too heavy

Particle board or MDF is way too heavy and will not hold up when it gets wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment